Please Note: Registration for Transform! Prayer Course JANUARY 2020 is NOW OPEN. (Tell your francophone friends about Transforme! Cours sur la prière coming in January 2020. Stay tuned for details!)
The Transform! Prayer Course (TPC) has been created by the Alliance Pray! Team to do for prayer what the Kairos course (kairoscourse.org) has done and is doing for missions. Using an interactive, application-focused and facilitative approach to learning deeper prayer habits, TPC will be a creative new way to engage the people and churches of the Alliance in the deeper life through prayer.
Jesus said, “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10 NIV)
The purpose of this course is to dramatically deepen and accelerate the prayer life of the participants and both inspire and motivate them towards world transformation through prayer. To that end, The Transform! Prayer Course (TPC) is an exciting, interactive and multi-week course you can complete over a few months with an on-line cohort of like-minded believers!
- Materials (including our primary study text) are sent to you in advance.
- Each group of 10 – 12 participants is assigned a facilitator for short weekly meetings on ZOOM. (ZOOM is like Skype but with much less bandwidth and better quality sound/video!) Our facilitators help you stay on track, emailing or texting you once a week to see how you’re doing.
- The course consists of readings, videos, spiritual disciplines, activities, discussions, worksheets and both personal and corporate prayer.
- A closed group FB page lets you communicate with the whole cohort of The Transform! Prayer Course as your cohort works through the material.
- Weekly ZOOM meetings are typically ~75 minutes, including small group discussion. Five or six daily readings are ~30 min/day. Your prayer time is up to you.
- Course fee of $125 (Early bird rate; Regular rate is $150) includes the Reader, one additional text, access to ZOOM meetings and invitation to the FB cohort page.
Transform! Prayer Course registration for January 2020 is now open.
It will be held via online Zoom meetings on Sundays at 6:30pm Eastern Time (ON/QC) starting on Sunday, January 19 until March 29, 2020 (plus two follow-ups.)
• Orientation Session – Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 6:30 pm Eastern Standard Time (ON/QC)
Session 1 – January 26 at 6:30 pm (Check your time zone: 5:30pm CST, 4:30pm MST, 3:30pm PST)
• Session 2 – February 2 at 6:30 pm
• Session 3 – February 9 at 6:30 pm
• Session 4 – February 16 at 6:30 pm
• Session 5 – February 23 at 6:30 pm
• Session 6 – March 1 at 6:30 pm
• Session 7 – March 8 at 6:30 pm
• Session 8 – March 15 at 6:30 pm
• Session 9 – March 22 at 6:30 pm
• Session 10 – March 29 at 6:30 pm
• Session 11 – April 26 at 6:30 pm
• Session 12 – June 28 at 6:30 pm
TPC is for disciples of Jesus Christ who want to dramatically deepen their prayer life. Do you know Jesus? Do you want to have a deeper relationship with Him? Then TPC is for you! Who are we? The writers of the material are authors and prayer teachers with decades of experience. Our facilitators are people who have been through this course. They know the material and they know what it is to work through the material (most, several times over.)
To get the most out of this course, you will need:
- A reasonable grasp of your Bible (we use a lot of Scripture)
- A decent high speed connection and computer or smartphone (we use ZOOM, email and text)
- A good understanding of English (we will use English in all correspondence and conversation. The French course will be launched in 2020, Chinese after that.)
- A window of time (~45-60 minutes a day to do the reading and personal prayer, + ~75 minutes a week for the ZOOM call)
We will mail a reader and the additional textbook to you, but you can complete this course from anywhere in the world. This is an ideal course for those who travel and/or find it costly or difficult to meet with others owing to location or mobility.
Watch for new courses in fall, winter and spring. Stay tuned for dates and times.
There is a point to this course. You are uniquely made by God to do what He made you to do. We want you to discover how to use prayer to accomplish that call, so that His Kingdom will be made more real both in you and in those around you. Prayer is the hard work of accomplishing that. We know that good habits are not made or changed in a day. They are made over time, and the encouragement of a cohort of like-minded people is especially helpful. This course brings you that opportunity!
Transform! Prayer Course Registration
Registration is NOW OPEN for the JANUARY 2020 Cohort. (Sundays, January 19 – March 29, 2020 at 6:30-8:00 pm ET)
Registration is hosted in partnership with Heritage Park Alliance Church, LaSalle ON.